Friday, August 22, 2014

The Marvelous Land of Oz, Chapters Four to Six

In which our heroes discover a need for a conveyance of some sort and thus dabble in the dark arts, producing another member of the company; it is demonstrated that said member both walks and swims well, and runs perhaps too well, and the Emerald City is reached.



No notes, though I suppose I should point out that we've got our very first returning characters on Rob Reads to You, with the arrival of (or, more properly, at) the Guardian of the Gates and the Soldier with the Green Whiskers. I had to go back and listen to myself to make sure that, yup, I was basically using the Guardian of the Gates's voice for the Saw-Horse, so he might now sound somewhat more clipped and official than on our last visit.

Anyway, lots of illustrations again!

 More after the break!












All right, I've just gotta say here that I have a weirdly soft spot for the Saw-Horse. He just really tickles me for some reason.






















If you would like to read along, the text can be found at Project Gutenberg with no pictures, and a fully illustrated facsimile of the first edition can be found at Open Library. No reading ahead, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment